Sunday, April 5, 2009




The older of my younger sisters, Kristin, flew into Austin for a long weekend at the beginning of March.  Mat and I love Kristin and we love Austin and we love our friends in Austin so going for the weekend was really a no brainer.  

We drove up there on a Saturday morning and went shopping with my two sisters and my parents at the outlet mall just outside of Austin.  I love shopping it is a fantastic way to spend the afternoon if you ask me, if you ask Mat he may disagree.  I happen to think it's a great way for usb to get the best of both worlds.  I can spend money on new clothes but also save money because we got them at the outlet...compromise, that's what marriage is all about right!  

After shopping we went back to the hotel and changed into our favorite jeans and boots before we had dinner and went two stepping with the fam.  We were headed to the Broken Spoke - if you are ever in Austin and want a true Texas two stepping experience I suggest the Broken Spoke.  

We had called and asked Kara and Adam Anthony if they wanted to meet us at the Broken Spoke to dance, they were excited to join us.  Then we called Parker to see if he wanted to come as well, always a tough sell.  Parker kept his schedule open just in case a better offer came along but in the end we hassled him enough that he showed up!  (Side note: The Anthony's and Parker are probably one hundred times the two steppers Mat and I could ever hope to be)  Well the fam stayed for quite some time and then the Anthony's, Parker, and the Hency's closed down the Broken Spoke.  Be jealous, it was so fun. 

Sunday after a quick breakfast at Central Market with Mom, Dad, Kristin and Kate we headed back to Dallas.  Good weekend though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment