Saturday, February 7, 2009

Central 214



So as most of you know Mat and I's time together is well, spotty.  He loves his job but the travel means we don't get to spend as much time together as we would like.  The upside to this is that when Mat comes home he says things like "I want to take you out".  This is not the same as "Lets go to dinner", the latter translates to "What places serve food in a half mile radius from where we are".  "I want to take you out" translates to "It's ok if we spend a little bit of money."  I like it when he says "I want to take you out" so of  course I was down.  We decided to go to the restaurant inside the Palomar Hotel.  We had been there once in September for my cousins birthday dinner and loved it but hadn't been back since.  I remembered that we had fun and that the food was great but forgot how cool it felt to be there - big difference from my usual vegetable soup  and salad by my lonesome whenever I happen to get home from work.  I love the neutral but geometric plates they serve things on.    

When we walked in they told us we could wait or sit at the "Chef's Bar" which was  code for the counter in front of the kitchen that no one really likes to sit at.  When we said we would sit there I thought we might have made their night.  I loved sitting there because I got to see how the kitchen was set up and how many people they had working each position and all of that stuff no one who didn't manage a restaurant for a few years cares about.  
While we were sitting there the Chef came by and told us that Bradie James, a Dallas Cowboys football player, was having a charity dinner there that night.  She pointed him out, she actually said "He is the tall dark choloatsicle and he likes to give out hugs".   It was not hard to find him.  The 27 year old tall, athletic black man at a table of obviously rich white people who were all flirting with 60 years old.  

Our dinner was awesome.  Hopefully Mat will say "I want to take you out" again sometime soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment