Friday, February 20, 2009

Wedding Season is back!

Last summer we went to so many weddings I was sure that no other year could come close to comparing on sheer number attended.  We kicked off wedding season with my favorite wedding so far, our own :)  And then went to Emily & Austin then Justin & Tricia then Bekah & Dallas then Kendall & Keith then Darcy & Matt, then Kate & Matt, then in December to Hunter & Sydney then Stacia & Chris.  (I left someone out of that list I think,  I am sorry if I left you out and you are reading this I promise you are important in our life).  Thats 7 weekends out of the Summer that we were at weddings...after our wedding we didn't spend two weeks in a row at our new home until July.  

Now it's time to start again!  Tomorrow we kick off our second wedding bells marathon with Oscar & Meredith!  We are very excited for this one!  Unfortunately Oscar was unable to be in our wedding because he was out of the country helping to save the world but Meredith made the drive from Austin to the Ville to be there and we were so very happy to have her!  They are a great friends and are very excited to welcome them into the married club.  

The schedule continues after Oscar & Meredith to Sean & Micky then John & Krista to Flora & Chris then Jeni & Sam. 

Here's how it goes:

Rehearse, eat, speech, laugh, cry, drinks!, makeup, hair, boys eat, girls don't, tux, flowers, the dress, the bouquet, the aisle, the vows, the kiss, pictures, the cake, the party, the meatballs (you know 8 out of 10 weddings serve the little meatballs - not me, Blake or Hunter though), dancing, more laughing, more drinks, sore feet, the bouquet, the garter, hugs, bubbles/rose petals/sparklers,  limo, cleanup, group breakfast on Sunday and see you again next week!  

I love wedding season! 

2 comments:

  1. I loved the play by play. I don't think we had meatballs? But, then again, how would I know? I didn't eat... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about starting 2008 off right with a wonderful wedding in Austin? Yeah that was fun, and no meatballs there.

    ReplyDelete